DON & SANCHO. . .The Saga Continues

Thursday, August 25, 2005

"GRANDPA, I'M THROUGH. I LOVE YOU!"

What a neat experience to get a call from Don Andrew. Everytime he calls he does so with a great deal of purpose. He is not one to waste words or phone calls.
Usually his conversations include a desire to have us come see him this Saturday or Sunday. The really cute thing is not always the things he wants to tell his old squire so much as the way he does it
Grandpa (pause) , I want to come see you and Grandma for five weeks. Wow! I think I would enjoy that but he would be ready to go home to Daddy and Mommy the second day. Grandpa (pause), I saw a Nina Moon last night. (That's when the moon is shaped like a banana if you have forgotten). Don Andrew hasn't forgotten. Grandpa (pause), I granduationed all the way to the church building. Do you remember that one?
This old knight's squire loves every minute of our conversations because they are very important to our young knight and his loyal squire.
The latest experience: Grandpa (pause) when you get here I want to show you how I can swim. Then, Grandpa (pause), we will play baseball. Then, Grandpa (pause) we will have an advanture, Don Quoxite and Sancho Panza!
Then as suddenly as he began, Don Andrew tells this old sharecropper, Grandpa (pause), I'm through. Bye! I love you. Grandpa Sancho loves to hear from his grandkids.

1 Comments:

  • TWO British soldiers were killed in southern Iraq yesterday when...
    TWO British soldiers were killed in southern Iraq yesterday when bombers detonated a device next to their patrol.

    Neat! I really like what you're doing here...

    When you have a spare moment you should come over to my document conversion site to see what's on in the document conversion world.

    Keep up the great blogging!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home