DON & SANCHO. . .The Saga Continues

Sunday, October 17, 2004

DAZED AND EVEN MORE BEFUDDLED!

I don’t know about you but sometimes life presents itself with problems that are absolutely too perplexing to even contemplate. I mean, you go to bed and you know the world is okay and all, and you wake up and everything about your world has just turned over. This is really a problem I may need help with in the long run. I am glad I have a great psychology professor that could even help me if I get in too far over my head.

Let me try to explain my dilemma. Here I am, just a befuddled old laborer who is going through life having this most exciting chivalrous adventure and all of a sudden I wake up and I am Woody. I went to bed a knight’s squire, ready to go to the ends of the earth to protect and defend the honor of my knight. This befuddled old laborer, squire to Don Quixote de la Mancha, 21st century edition, is now much more befuddled than before. How can one go from being Sancho Panza to being Woody?

The answer to that question lies in the very creative mind of a 3½ old who can transform himself from being Don Quixote back to being Buzz Lightyear about as quickly as he changed from Buzz to Don Andrew. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to do that at this ancient age? But, you see, I can, because I can be anyone he wants me to be. That’s the magic of Grandpas and Grandsons and only they know that.

Of course, he did reveal some rather enlightening information to his mother, Doña Duchess. This befuddled old laborer was quite taken back with this bit of information. I can hear him now, Guess what Mommie, I am Buzz. Grandpa is Woody. You are Zurg. Daddy is the Prospector. Grandma is Jessie. Matthew is Bulls Eye. Jeff is Mr. Potato Head. Stephanie is Little Bo Peep. Bad buzz Light year is Kobe Gage. Sean is Rex and Summer is Barbie. It’s really enough to leave this befuddled old laborer bedazzled and confused.

Here is my issue. What will happen the next time we find a stick? What will we do when a tree needs attacking? How can Buzz and Woody possibly handle all that? My guess is that we will have to enter the World of Reciprocallity. It’s a dimension not even the dictionary has caught up with yet. Only Grandpas and Grandsons understand this World. Some might call it the World of Transition but they are a little less informed. I mean, this little guy is 3½. He understands all those things. How do you think he went from being Buzz to being Don Andrew and then back to being Buzz? Along the way he wanted to be Pirate Larry for Halloween but decided on some Prince Philip of Disney (with a sword, of course). Ah ha! Sounds to this befuddled old laborer that Don Andrew will return for many more adventures. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home